A great cornbread that I had at IceLab.
Recipe from here.
- 480 ml flour
- 240 ml cornmeal
- 240 ml sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 115 g melted butter
- 120 ml neutral oil
- 300 ml milk
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius and grease a 23x33 cm pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together butter, oil, milk, and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer batter to your prepared pan. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with only a few crumbs (no wet batter).
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes in the pan before cutting into squares and serving. Serve with butter and honey if desired. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or in the fridge for 1 week.