A recipe for mexian-style rice that is great with tacos!
Note: This recipe scales pretty OK
- 240 ml long-grained rice (like basmati)
- 1/8 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 ml water, divided
- 1 tsp Knorr Caldo de Pollo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp corn oil
- In a blender, blend the onion, garlic, tomato paste and about 1 Dl of the water until it’s a smooth liquid.
- In a saucepan, add the corn oil and heat it up. Once hot, add the rice and cook on medium-high heat until the rice is toasted.
- Once the rice is slightly golden brown, add the mixed sauce and cook it with the rice for a minute or so.
- Rinse out the blender with the remaining water and add it to the rice. Add the Caldo de Pollo and salt
- Bring it up to a boil, stir it around and add a lid. Turn the stove down to the lowest setting (about 2 on my stove), and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- Once the time is up, turn off the heat and lift the lid up from the pan. Let the steam escape, put on the lid again and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, it’s done!